Happy Monday! I woke up this morning in a FUNK but this meal prep genuinely cheered me up, and then my workout shook the rest of the funk off and now I feel great! It’s amazing what some food and a workout can do 🙂 I’m so thankful that food has become a good thing in my life, and not something that makes me stressed and scared several times a day.
This meal was truly enough to make anyone smile – a delicious, filling Caprese salad! Honestly, I love Caprese salads and I tried some new methods for this one and they turned out better than I ever could have hoped. It seems like a lot of components, but they’re perfection together
- chicken – I used a quick marinade of lemon juice from 1 lemon, some olive oil, a healthy couple of pinches of za’atar, and salt. The new part was sprinkling with flour before cooking up in a pan – SO GOOD! It got crunchy and kept the lemon-y goodness.
- marinated cherry tomatoes – since tomatoes are coming into season, they we’re so good on their own. let them soak up the goodness of equal parts red wine vinegar and oil, 2 cloves of garlic, salt, and za’atar? Even better! A tasty, acidic punch
- mozzarella pearls – honestly these speak for themselves, my fav!
- sliced red onions – adds a delicious onion-y punch
- quinoa – because I want a salad that’s going to fill me up all afternoon, and grains are my fav way to make sure that happens!
- a bed of spinach and basil – a fresh bed for all of those amazing toppings
- balsamic vinegar – I tried a new recipe and it’s my new go-to. Equal parts oil and balsamic vinegar, a bit of dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and, the twist for me, a bit of honey! the perfect topping
I know I used the word perfect a lot, but y’all, it’s the right one! I hope you all had a lovely start to the week 🙂 Keep an eye out for a new cookie recipe later this week, it’s a good one!