Happy Monday! I hope you’re all having a great start to your week after the long weekend. I started the day with a walk and it was so nice! It’s the little things sometimes 🙂
This week I was incredibly lazy for my meal prep, and sometimes that happens. Actually, let’s re-frame that: I chose to do all pantry meals for meal prep so no food went to waste! We had a few friends over for the 4th and had brats and peppers and onions, and ended up with a TON left over. SO! I cut up the remaining sausages, made some quinoa, grabbed some odds and ends from the fridge, and made sausage and pepper bowls! It actually turned out really well, and I’m glad that none of this food will be going to waste. It also means that I’ll be well under budget this week, so I finally bought a book I’ve been wanting for a while: Cultivating Food Justice: Race, Class, and Sustainability. It’s on backorder, but I can’t wait to start it! I’ll keep you updated and share what I think of it when I finally get my hands on it.
Now, the usual details for my meal prep:
- Brats! We just got spicy Italian sausages from the store and I cut them into medallions for this – yum
- Peppers and onions – we cooked these up with some butter, salt, cumin, and chili powder until everything was soft and delicious. They’re so sweet and the perfect complement to the spicy sausages
- Shredded pepper jack cheese – because cheese makes everything better
- Quinoa – you can use any grain, or leafy green!
- Marinated cherry tomatoes – I had some leftover from last week (see the details in that post!) and they were tasty here too
- Salsa – because some kind of sauce makes everything better. Some sour cream would have been great too!
Have a great week, friends! I’m working on a peach bundt cake to use up some peaches I grabbed at the farmers market and to finally use my new bundt pan, I can’t wait to share it soon!