Hello friends! Today, I’ve got a no bake dessert for you that is the best combination: super easy, looks fancy, and tastes even better than it looks. What more could you want??
Back when I made the Buckeye Brownies, I had some leftover peanut butter mixture so I figured I could made a delicious peanut butter mouse out of it. It wasn’t great, honestly. Way too rich, odd texture, just not ideal. So suddenly this became a goal for me: make it as great as I had hoped it would be, and I think I succeeded with this one! It’s really easy, comes together quickly, and is DELICIOUS.
Here are some tips for ya:
- starting with a chilled mixing bowl and whisk attachment will make things come together quicker if you remember to throw those in the freezer a bit before you get started, although it’s not completely necessary
- I didn’t make this with natural peanut butter and I would be hesitant to do so, it might create a weird texture for you
- you can totally make this ahead and pop these in the fridge until you’re ready to eat
- add any other toppings that make you happy! I went for crunchy things, but you do you
Try it out and let me know how it goes!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Mousse
Servings: 2 generous servings, or 4 reasonably sized servings
Ready in: 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 C heavy cream
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 6 T peanut butter
- 1/2 C pretzels, crushed
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
How to do it
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and salt. Whip until it reaches medium peaks. Pull out a couple of spoonfuls and set aside for later
- add the peanut butter to the whipped cream mixture and whip until fully incorporated but no further, don’t overwhip it!
- to assemble, place a layer of peanut butter mousse in the bottom of your serving vessel. add a layer of crushed pretzels and chocolate chips, then repeat the mousse and pretzel/chocolate layers. Top with a bit of the previously set aside whipped cream