Happy Monday, y’all! I am very excited for this week because I’m only working three days and I’m heading to Portland, OR on Thursday for my first traveling adventure in well over a year. Now that I’m fully vaccinated I felt okay to take advantage of the cheap flights that I found!
However, I still need a solid meal prep to get me from now to when I leave for my adventure and these pork chops will be perfect. I know I recently made Honey Mustard Pork Chops but I had two more in the freezer and it makes 4 meals which is perfect for this week since I won’t need a meal prep for Friday. I switched up the cooking method and these came out just as well as my first attempt, so I think you should definitely try both out and see what you think!
For this version, I started by making a compound butter with garlic, rosemary, and some salt since I used unsalted butter. You could totally switch up the herbs for the pork chops if you wanted to try something different, just make sure you choose something that’s going to be okay after being baked for a bit.Then I seared the porkchops until they were golden brown on each side, then added the butter on top of each and a bit to the pan and popped the whole thing in the oven until the pork was fully cooked. Simple and delicious!
I didn’t want to do too much for the sides so I picked up a salad kit at the store and made my favorite roasted sweet potatoes with a bit of cinnamon on them. An easy, filling meal prep that I’m excited to eat all week!
These pork chops are easy and delicious as a meal prep or weeknight dinner! The flavors are classic favorites sure to be loved by everyone, and who doesn't love a good roasted sweet potato??
for the pork chops
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- 2-3 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- big pinch of salt, if using unsalted butter
- 2 boneless pork chops
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
for the sweet potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- salad kit, optional
- prep: preheat the oven to 375*
- make the compound butter: in a small bowl combine the butter, rosemary, garlic, and salt, if using unsalted butter. combine well and set aside
- cook the pork chops: heat the oil in a medium sized, oven safe pan over medium high heat. generously season the pork chops with salt and pepper then place in the preheated pan and cook each side for 3-4 minutes until golden brown
- add the compound butter on top of the pork chops and place the pan in the oven for 7-12 minutes or until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of about 145*. increase the oven temperature to 425*
- prep the sweet potatoes: cut the sweet potatoes into equal sized pieces. the smaller they are the faster they'll roast. place them on a large sheet pan and toss with the oil, salt, and cinnamon. roast in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until easily pierced with a fork
- enjoy! if eating for dinner, serve while warm with an optional salad kit. if using for meal prep, let everything cool completely before storing in airtight containers. when ready to eat, reheat in the microwave or oven.