I wanted something flavorful, easy, and delicious for meal prep this week and this one certainly delivered! Super simple, just a few ingredients, but so delicious and filling. I’m still on a mission to use up my stash of freezer foods and my ground turkey from Butcherbox was perfect.
Now, you could absolutely make your own Thai red curry sauce for this dish, but honestly I opted for store bought because I wasn’t feeling a whole cooking project for meal prep this week. This is why I’m such a big fan of store bought components – they’re usually perfectly good and can save you so much time if that’s what you’re short on!
I kept this one short and simple:
- the meatballs: turkey, garlic, and ginger and the main players here! throw in an egg for binding and bread crumbs for texture and you’re all set
substitution ideas: use any ground meat to make the meatballs, or make it even simpler and use cut up chicken thighs or breast the same way you would use the meatballs
- the veggies: broccoli and spinach are my favs and are so good here
substitution ideas: the sky is the limit here! whatever veg you’re feeling should work well, just adjust the cooking time as needed to ensure the veggies are soft and cooked but not overcooked
- the sauce: I used Kikkoman Thai Red Curry Sauce! Not an ad, but it’s what I grabbed and though it was delicious
substitution ideas: honestly you could take this dish in so many different directions by using a different sauce here. or, make your own Thai Red Curry sauce!
- the grain: rice is perfect to soak up all of that delicious sauce
substitution ideas: use quinoa or whatever your fav grain is instead!
STORAGE & REHEATING
I stored my meatballs and veg separately from the rice, although you could store this however works best for you and your life. When reheating, I transferred as much as I wanted to eat into a bowl, sprinkled the rice with some water, and reheated for 2 minutes in the microwave. The water helps the rice stay delicious and not become hard. Yum!
LOOKING FOR MORE?
I’ve got several other meatball recipes on the site, if that’s what you’re after!
These Thai Red Curry Meatballs are a flavorful, easy, and delicious meal prep or quick weeknight dinner! Super simple, just a few ingredients, but so delicious and filling.
for the meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp veg oil
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into bite sized florets
- 5oz frozen spinach
- 1 10.9oz jar Thai Red Curry sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- make the meatballs: in a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, ginger, and salt. form into 15 golfball sized meatballs. heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the meatballs until browned on several sides. they won't be cooked all teh way through at this point and that's okay!
- add the veg and sauce: add the broccoli, frozen spinach, and thai red curry sauce to the pan. refill the bottle the sauce came in halfway with water, swirl around, and add to the pan. bring to a simmer and cover. let cook for 5-10 minutes or until the broccoli is done to your liking
- enjoy! if serving immediately, serve with rice. if using for meal prep, let cool completely before storing in airtight containers. see the tips in the post above for reheating