Cookies have got to be one of my favorite things to bake. There’s so many different variations you can make, and it’s so, so fun to me to make a small change to a base recipe and get a whole new cookie. The science of baking will always be my favorite part! These though are amazing cookies. They’re on the thin and crispy side and are packed with big flavors of white chocolate and freeze dried strawberries. I brought some to work and they were a hit all around!
- the dough – I used my traditional cookie recipe here so I would get cookies that have slightly crips edges and still soft insides
- the mix-ins – freeze dried strawberries and white chocolate chips are the perfect combination! I was a bit worried that the freeze dried strawberries would end up with a weird texture but they baked up beautifully, thank goodness
As usual, with cookies, there are SO many variations! Switch up any of the mix ins for a whole new cookie. Or make some cookie sandwiches – use marshmallow or buttercream as a filling. So many options! Here are some of my fav cookie recipes so far:
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
- Chinese Five Spice Cookies
- S’mores Cookies
- Orange Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Double Chocolate Pretzel Cookies
- Chocolate Orange Cookies
- Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches
- Peppermint Marshmallow Cookie Sandwiches
These White Chocolate Strawberry Cookies are on the thin and crispy side and are packed with big flavors of white chocolate and freeze dried strawberries. Who wouldn't love them??
- 226 g (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 150 g (3/4 cup) sugar
- 165 g (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 5 g (1 tsp) baking soda
- 6 g (1/2 tsp) salt
- 3 g (1 tsp) cream of tartar, optional
- 330 g (2 1/4 cups) flour
- 170 g white chocolate
- 1 oz freeze dried strawberries
- make the dough: in the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until they're very light and fluffy, at least 5 minutes on medium speed
- add the vanilla and the eggs, mixing well after each addition. be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure it all gets mixed well!
- add the salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar and mix well, scraping down the sides of the bowl
- add the flour and mix until just combined.
- add the chocolate and strawberries and mix until combined. be careful not to over mix at this point!
- portion: shape into cookies with about 2 heaping tablespoons of dough each. You can chill (or freeze!) the cookies at this point, or jump straight to baking
- bake: preheat the oven to 375*. place the cookies 1.5 inches apart on a baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned.
- enjoy: let cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
see the post above for subsitution ideas or even more tips and tricks to ensure success!