These are so summer-y and delicious, and also so easy! If you want a quick, refreshing meal prep, this one’s perfect for you. Just a few ingredients and you’ve got delicious tacos ready whenever you are.
- the shrimp – shrimp are definitely a splurge for me, but they’re always delicious, especially in a taco! they cook up so quickly which I love
substitution ideas: really any kind of meat or protein will work in here!
- the salsa – mango salsa is sweet with a bit of a kick and I love it with pretty much anything, even just some chips!
- the extras – I kept my tacos simple with just some avodaco in addition to the shrimp and salsa
substitution ideas: you can add whatever sounds tasty to you! lettuce, other veggies, the sky is the limit
That’s it! This week’s prep is a simple one, but so good.
These are so summer-y and delicious, and also so easy! If you want a quick, refreshing meal prep, this one's perfect for you. Just a few ingredients and you've got delicious tacos ready whenever you are.
for the shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and tails removed
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp oil
for the mango salsa
- 3 mangos
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 jalepeno
- 3 limes, juiced
- cook the shrimp: heat a large skillet over medium heat. toss the shrimp with the taco seasoning, add the oil to the pan and cook the shrimp for about 2 minutes per side or until cooked through. you may need to work in batches to not crowd the pan!
- make the salsa: cut all of the salsa ingredients into very small cubes. combine everything and season to taste. let sit for at least an hour before enjoying, if you can!
- enjoy! assemble your tacos with some shrimp, some salsa, and some avocado in each one