Happy Monday, friends! For those of you who have the day off of work, I hope you’re enjoying the free time! If you’re working, I hope it’s a good start to your week!
I’m still working my way through everything I got in my Butcher Box and this week I’m using some salmon burgers! This isn’t really your typical meal prep – instead of prepping a meal that I can pop in the microwave for 2 minutes and be ready to eat, this is more the type of prep where I’ll be cooking a fresh meal every day and it’ll be ready in about 10 minutes! Obviously not great for if you’re working in an office, but WFH life has me being a bit more flexible.
Let’s take a look at all of the components:
- the salmon: premade salmon burgers! They’re frozen and I’ll cook one up each day straight from frozen. Seasoned with a bit of salt, pepper, and paprika and they’re ready to go in 10 minutes
- the slaw: broccoli slaw provides a satisfying crunch while adding a delicious veg component. I made the dressing to go with it and I’ll toss it with the slaw before eating
- the sauce: this lemon, sour cream, dill, caper-filled sauce is so, so good. The perfect complement to both the salmon and the slaw and adds a salty, tangy deliciousness to every bite.
That’s it! With all of the premade components it’s a quick prep and a quick meal during the week. Two of my favorite things 🙂
Salmon Burgers & Broccoli Slaw with Dill Caper Sauce
makes 5 servings
for the salmon burgers
- 5 salmon burgers
- paprika, to taste
- salt & pepper
- neutral oil, to cook
for the broccoli slaw
- 2 12oz bags broccoli slaw
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 cup (5oz) greek yogurt (plain, not vanilla) or mayo
- juice of half a lemon
- 3-4 sprigs dill
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
for the dill caper sauce
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 2 tsp fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp capers
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
How to do it
- prep the slaw: dice the red onion into small pieces. combine the red onion and slaw in a large container.
- in a small container, combine the remaining slaw ingredients to make the dressing for the slaw. if eating soon, combine with the slaw and onion. if meal prepping, leave the dressing in its own container
- prep the sauce: combine all sauce ingredients together. taste and adjust seasoning as desired. store in a small container
- bring it all together: in a small pan over medium heat, add 1-2 Tbsp oil. season the salmon burger with salt, pepper, and paprika on both sides then cook for 5 minutes on each side until it reaches an internal temp of 135*
- while the salmon cooks, combine your desired amount of slaw with 2 Tbsp of the slaw dressing. mix well, adding additional dressing if desired.
- serve the slaw topped with the salmon and dill caper sauce. enjoy!