Happy Tuesday, friends! For those of you in the US, I hope you had a great 4th of July weekend and got to eat lots of delicious food and spent time with loved ones. I spent a lot of time with my family and it was so, so fun! We had the typical cookout foods and went to the pool and saw fireworks and I loved it. I’m also loved having Monday off so I could spent time baking and getting ready for the week!
For meal preps this week, I’ve made some simple, delicious pan seared salmon, some brussel sprouts that I’ve tossed in a tangy sauce that it perfection, and my go-to salad kit from the store to round out the whole meal!
This one was so easy and quick with just a few key elements:
- the salmon – I pan seared mine so it gets a bit crispy on the outside which I love! I used a cajun seasoning blend so it’s got a kick and I’ll top it with lemon juice before eating.
- the brussel sprouts – y’all know I love a good brussel sprout! I wanted to do something special with them this time though, so I used a tangy sauce I once put on acorn squash (see that recipe here!) and it was the best decision
- the salad – some extra greens! My fav, and I love how many different types of salad kits they have at the store now. Just store it right (see more below) and you’ll be in good shape all week.
Storage and Re-heating
The salmon and brussels store so easily – pop them in their own airtight containers and you’re good to go! For the salad kit, put in into a gallon zip top bag, leaving the dressing in it’s own container, and make sure you remove all of the air when you close it. It’ll keep that way for a week in the fridge!
For reheating, just place the salmon and brussels on a plate and microwave for 1:30-2 minutes OR reheat in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 375*. Add the salad and the dressing and enjoy!
- the salmon – you can switch up the flavor profile of the whole dish by using a different spice blend! Get creative and use what you’ve got in your pantry
- the veg – I’ve used the sauce for the veg on squash before and it was delicious and I’m sure it’ll be good on just about anything! Add it to any kind of roasted veg to switch up the flavors of the meal
That’s it! I hope you love this meal that’s perfect as a quick dinner or easy meal prep!
Delicious salmon is paired with tangy brussel sprouts and salad to make a delicious, quick dinner or meal prep!
for the salmon
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4-5 salmon filets
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning mix
for the brussel sprouts
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- a salad kit, options
- prep: preheat the oven to 425*.
- roast the brussel sprouts: trim the ends off of the brussel sprouts, cut them into quarters, and place them on a large sheet pan. toss with the olive oil and salt and pepper and turn them so the cut sides are touching the bottom of the pan. roast for 18-22 minutes or until they're slightly soft and browned
- make the sauce: in a medium pot, cook the honey over medium high heat until it foams and darkens in color, 4-5 minutes. remove from the heat and add the red wine vinegar and red pepper flakes. return to the heat and add the butter and salt and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- finish the brussel sprouts: once the brussel sprouts come out of the oven pour the sauce over them and, if using for meal prep, let cool fully before storing.
- cook the salmon: preheat a pan with the vegetable oil over medium heat. season the salmon filets with the salt and cajun seasoning. once the pan is hot, add the salmon to the pan with the skin side up. cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through and no longer opaque. if using for meal prep, let cool fully before storing
- enjoy! serve with the salad kit, if using. for meal prep, re-heat the salmon and brussels in the microwave or for 10-15 minutes in a 375* oven.