Summer is the perfect time for burgers and stuffing pretty much anything with cheese makes it better, so that’s what I did! These are so simple to make, super versatile and customizable, and absolutely delicious. What’s more satisfying than a burger with melty cheese on a summer day? I’d say that the only thing better would be some watermelon or ice cream 🙂
- the burgers – I kept these simple yet delicious. ground turkey, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and some spices, along with an egg to help keep it all together, is all you need!
substitution ideas: you can use whatever meat you’d like, and whatever spices you’re in the mood for!
- the cheese – I used pepperjack since it’s my favorite and I already had some hanging out in the fridge
substitution ideas: whatever cheese is your favorite! ones that easily melt are ideal, but as long as you have appropriate expectations the sky is the limit
- the cooking method – these can be made inside or outside, whatever suits your situation! below are the directions for cooking on the stovetop, but if you want to fire up the grill you totally can
- the sides – I used a premade salad since they make me happy, but you can do whatever makes you happy. want some fries? watermelon? grilled zucchini? you do you, friend.
These are so fun and always a winner. Let me know what you think of them!
Summer is the perfect time for burgers and stuffing pretty much anything with cheese makes it better, so that's what I did! These are so simple to make, super versatile and customizable, and absolutely delicious.
for the burgers
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 cubes pepperjack cheese
- oil, for cooking
- tomato, sliced
- desired condiments
- burger buns
- make the burgers: in a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and spices until just combined. divide into 6 even portions
- wrap each portion of meat around a cube of cheese, ensuring that the cheese is fully encased in the meat
- cook the burgers: heat a grill pan to medium high heat. grease the pan with some oil, then add the burgers. you may have to work in batches depening on the size of your pan. cook for about 4 minutes per side or until the burgers are cooked through
- assemble and enjoy: toast the burger buns in the still warm pan, if desired. assemble your burgers, serve with whatever sides you want, and enjoy!
see the post above for subsitution ideas or even more tips and tricks to ensure success!