Hellooooo! I know it’s been a minute, friends. I took a brief hiatus while moving and whatnot, but I am back in my brand new kitchen (I love it so much, it’s huge and perfect) and have a delicious new meal prep to share with you: lemon basil chicken!
This one was so quick, easy, and so so good. The chicken happens all in one pan, and while it’s cooking you can cook up whatever grain you want to have with it, and roast some veg, and you’re all set for the week! I love knowing that I’ve got a delicious meal ready in minutes for every day of the week.
Below is the recipe I used! Let me know if you try it 🙂
Lemon Basil Chicken – makes 5 servings
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 Tbsp butter
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 C basil, torn into pieces
- Quinoa or rice, for serving
- roasted veg, for serving
How to do it
- in a medium or large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat, then add the onion. cook until translucent
- add the garlic and cook for an additional minute or so, until fragrant
- increase heat to medium high and add chicken. stir and cook until the chicken is cooked through, 6-10 minutes depending on the size of the chicken cubes. an easy way to check is to use a thermometer – once the chicken is up to 160*, it’s done. it’ll continue to cook and get up to 165* by the time you’re done
- once the chicken is done, add the butter, lemon juice and zest. stir until the butter is melted. then, add the basil and let wilt for about a minute
- serve with your grain and roasted veg. enjoy!