Cookies are my go-to dessert to have on hand. It’s so easy to make a big batch and freeze them so anytime you’ve got a get together or just have a case of the Sunday scaries, you’ve got delicious cookies in just a few minutes! And these have the appearance of being fancier than your traditional chocolate chip cookie, but are just as easy and freeze just as well!
I’ve made a few changes to my usual cookie recipe and it’s definitely a good thing – these are soft, delicious, and have a perfect chocolate-y flavor that’s not too much, but also not too faint. It’s a careful balance! And the addition of cream of tartar is such a game changer – that’s what has created the perfect soft, delicious texture. You can absolutely leave it out if you don’t have any, but I think it’s worth grabbing next time you’re at the store!
And, a fun little tip for you – if you want something extra special, you can combine this recipe and my more traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe for a swirled experience that’s amazing. I left out the pretzels from this recipe, and used only dark chocolate chips for the normal chocolate chip cookies, then rolled together half a scoop of each dough to create a swirled situation that’s so special. Top it with some flaky salt and it’s a real winner!
Double Chocolate Pretzel Cookies
- 220 g butter, softened
- 150 g sugar
- 165 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 230 g flour
- 100 g cocoa powder
- 5 g baking soda
- 6 g salt
- 6 g cream of tartar
- 35 g pretzels, crushed
- 130 g white chocolate chips
How to do it
- preheat your oven to 375*
- cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer until light and fluffy
- while the butter and sugars are creaming, combine the dry ingredients – flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, cream of tartar. set aside
- add eggs, one at a time, to the creamed butter and sugars. add the vanilla and mix until combined
- add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined
- mix in the chocolate and pretzels, either by hand or with the mixer
- scoop 2 Tbsp portions of the dough onto a baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes until set
- let cool and enjoy!
[…] Double Chocolate Pretzel Cookies […]